Rugged PDA for Industries
SXtreo rugged handheld PDAs
Automation in manufacturing is transforming through implementation of mobile computing so analysis and decision making can take place at the point of the problem itself. Whether it’s a massive public works project, large scale construction, or a refinery, real-time data acquisition and access keeps the wheels of industry moving. At the same time, logistics support relies completely on computer-based tracking and inventory control. Despite advances in modernization, vibration, shock and heat are often damaging to a production environment. Dust, debris, spilled oils and moisture is a constant companion interfering in the mobile computing. SXtreo rugged PDAs are manufactured to work under harsh industrial conditions so they stand up to temperature extremes and resist vibration and impact usual to an industrial setup. Whether it’s a massive public works project, large scale construction, or a refinery, real-time data acquisition and access keeps the wheels of industry moving.
SXtreo rugged handheld PDAs are used in a variety of industrial applications, including oil and gas, test and measurement, and asset and facilities management. SXtreo rugged handhelds are also used for pipeline monitoring and integrity, leak detection and repair, vibration monitoring, and infrastructure management.
SXtreo matches the IP-4X & IP-65 standards for your uses in the industrial floor or heavy industry settings. Ingress Protection Standards explained below:
Ingress Protection Chart
IP First number – Protection against solid objects
- No special protection
- Protected against solid objects over 50 mm, e.g. accidental touch by persons hands.
- Protected against solid objects over 12 mm, e.g. persons fingers.
- Protected against solid objects over 2.5 mm (tools and wires).
- Protected against solid objects over 1 mm (tools, wires, and small wires).
- Protected against dust limited ingress (no harmful deposit).
- Totally protected against dust.
IP Second number – Protection against liquids
- No protection
- Protection against vertically falling drops of water e.g. condensation.
- Protection against direct sprays of water up to 15o from the vertical.
- Protected against direct sprays of water up to 60o from the vertical.
- Protection against water sprayed from all directions – limited ingress permitted.
- Protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions – limited ingress.
- Protected against temporary flooding of water, e.g. for use on ship decks – limited ingress permitted.
- Protected against the effect of immersion between 15 cm and 1 m.
- Protects against long periods of immersion under pressure.